Insects are a great way to practice drawing symmetrically. Take this doodle as a mini training for eye and hand.
You will need:
~ A4 card
~ Pencil and eraser
~ Watercolour/Ink/Colouring pencils
~ Black fine-liner
- Find pictures of insects in a book or online.
- Draw them while giving them their bodies simple roundish geometrical shape.
- When you are satisfied with your pencil sketch, start colouring it in.
- You can use muted shades of watercolour or colouring pencil.
- Let it dry, and start outlining the inside sections of the bugs bodies as well as their mandibles and legs.
- Mark the joints of their legs with exaggerated dots.
- Frame it if you’re happy or use a couple of bugs to make a card!