In our people’s series, we’re taking a look at others and ourselves. This project will give you a chance to have a go at one of art oldest’s drawing practice: self-portrait!
You will need:
~ A4 card
~ Tissue paper
~ Black fine-liner
- Sit in front of a mirror and practice drawing yourself with a pencil
or fine-liner pen.
- Don’t worry about accuracy, as often drawing quickly can achieve a great result!
- You could draw without taking your pen off the paper, or use your left hand for a more abstract result.
- Once you have outlined your face and features (making sure you have added your shoulders or top) add detail by glueing on pieces of tissue paper.
- Create a patterned fabric for your top or jumper, define your hair, eyes or lips or add an accessory.
- Overlapping different colours can add tones and texture.
- Draw your friend or family member if they will sit still!