Here is a simple project to create an original and cheerful bunting.
You will need:
~ Coloured or patterned paper
~ String or yarn
- Collect together coloured and patterned papers. These could be from spare magazines or bits of wrapping paper.
- Use your butterfly stencil to draw lots of butterflies onto your different papers.
- Cut them and fold them slightly.
- Find some string or wool and glue two butterflies in their middle on each side of the string.
- Let the glue dry and fold the butterfly’s wings up a bit to give it shape.
- Leave a space between each butterfly and tie a loop at each end so you can hang it in your house.
- You could decorate your bunting with stickers, sequins or painted patterns.
- You can try it with other shapes included in the templates sheet below!