This week is all about our favoured garden winged creatures, moths, butterflies and bees.
We’re creating a collection of butterflies to hang on your wall. For a lovely vintage effect, we paint or draw them on a circle cutout of a book page.
You will need:
~ Old book pages
~ A pencil and eraser
~ Fine-liner pen (black)
~ Watercolour/inks or colouring pencils
~ Coloured paper or card
~ Glue and scissors
- Reference a butterfly book or look at images of butterflies and moths online.
- Try sketching out a few in draft to get the hang of drawing symmetrically.
- Draw some side on also.
- Cut 2 inch circles out of an old book or use a small lid to draw round.
- In pencil lightly draw your butterflies on the circles then add colour with watercolours or inks.
- When dry use a black fine liner pen to outline and add details to bring your butterflies to life.
- Glue them down to a piece of card then punch a hole for ribbon so you can hang your mini collection on display.
- A single mounted butterfly would make a lovely gift tag.