Our theme this week is landscapes and cityscapes. This cut out collage plays with positive and negative shapes creating a simple but striking piece of paper art.
You will need:
~ Two different coloured pieces of paper: one larger than the other
~ A pencil
- On your smaller piece of paper draw round a small plate or round lid to make a circle.
- Cut out your circle then draw different images from the edge of your circle going inwards.
- Choose simple shapes to make them easier to cut out.
- Try trees and flowers or animals or to make things easier cut out simple geometric or abstract shapes.
- You could ask and adult to help with this task.
- Keep your cut out pieces.
- Glue your circle to your other piece of paper, this will create ‘negative’ silhouettes where the bottom paper shows through.
- Glue your matching ‘positive’ silhouette shapes around the edge of your circle, they should look like a reflection.
- Have fun and find a frame to display your quirky collage.