This beautiful elephant collage is made of simple shapes cut out in contrasting papers and card. Make sure you gather different texture and colour paper: shiny, vivid colours and dull (cardboard).
You will need:
~ Coloured, patterned paper, recycled cardboard
~ Coloured card for background
- Cut out the different parts from your elephant template.
- Use the shapes as templates to draw round on different coloured or textured papers.
- Cut out the elephant body parts and reassemble your patchwork elephant.
- Have fun creating more in different colour palettes. Metallic papers and sequins would add sparkle to your gentle giant.
- Challenge – Can you draw your own stylised (simplified) version of an animal and divide it into parts to use as stencils for reassembling as a patchwork version?
- Share a picture of it for us to post on our website and social media! Please email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org